Israel 2016 - The Old Jerusalem

12:09

HELLO EVERYBODY, as I announced in the last travel post, I would like to show you some photos of Jerusalem. I think I could do another post about it but for now we will keep it with that one.

The old city of Jerusalem, which I visited for the second time, is about 3000 years old and unites the three big world religions - Judaism, Islam and Christianity. The city is split into four neighbourhoods (with the Armenian one) and on the different corners you can find mosques, churches and synagogues. The buildings are, just as the city itself, very old but the charm they spread is incredibly beautiful! I really like the monumental buildings, made of light coloured stone and the small alleys with an abundance of shops and possibilities to taste the Israeli delicacies.

Although the Church of the Holy Sepulchre can be full of tourists, I can really recommend a visit! If you watch the building from the outside you might not immediatly expect what you come upon in the inside. The church is really contorted and that's why it seems to be small inside, because there are a lot of smaller sections one can walk through. After  my second visit I am still fascinated by it!


Almost every evening during my trip to Israel I watched the beautiful sunset. On good days, there are no clouds in the sky and the big fiery red ball disperses its light onto the whole horizon.
It's definitley worth it to visit Jerusalem, no matter if you are interested in architecture, history or if you would like to go there for religious reasons.

♥Lea

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

FAVOURITES

INSTAGRAM