Becoming a minimalist - a 12 months journey

08:00

HELLO EVERYBODY, I still have a lot of thoughts about minimalism in my mind. As you might know, I have been thinking about this topic for quite a few months now and begun to live this lifestyle more and more. Since the day I started, I have been feeling a lot freer and more energetic than before. Of course, this is not the end of my journey and that's why I made a plan for 2016 to reach my goal step by step.   
This plan is split up into 12 goals I want to approach, one for each month. Every month I will take up a small challenge to free myself. It doesn't matter that January is over and February has already started because you can choose for yourself and set varying objectives if you feel like you want to take a similar path.
In this post I will just briefly mention my goals and then go into detail about a few. Today, I will do so for January and February.


JANUARY - decluttering my room 
In Januaury I accomplished my first goal which was a very important one for me. I went through my drawers and sorted out all the things I didn't need. Do you also have this one drawer where you just put in EVERYTHING because you think: "I might need this in some months!" (NO, YOU WON'T). All this cleaning up can get pretty exhausting, but, it is worth it. I re-decorated my room as well and put away the things which restrained my "view". Now I feel way more comfortable in my room.


FEBRUARY - starting with meditation 
Some weeks ago I started meditating; for 5 minutes, every day, immediatly after I get out of bed. I've always had problems with inner unrest and my troubled mind easily upset me which led to stress. I don't think that it's just delusion, I definitely feel more relaxed since I've started. All I can say is: just try it out!


MARCH - launching the "sunday-without-smartphone-and-social media"

APRIL - decluttering all subscriptions (Facebook, Instagram, ...)

MAY - sorting out my makeup

JUNE - learn how not to complain about every little thing
JULY - free laptop of files, documents, photos
AUGUST - evaluate and reduce the material wishlist

SEPTEMBER - finally implement a long-cherished project

OCTOBER - learning a new skill / refresh an old one

NOVEMBER - flashback into the closet (evaluate, declutter)

DECEMBER -Evaluation of the year!

Besides these bigger goals there are also smaller things I would like to change. That includes, for  example, buying less clothes and saving money where- and whenever I can.
I hope you liked this kind of blogpost and maybe you've found a little inspiration for your personal lifestyle. If so, feel free to comment as a feedback! And never forget: LIV'VINTAGE

♥Lea

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

FAVOURITES

INSTAGRAM